Monday, July 11, 2016

THE UNBROKEN WARRIOR

She listened so carefully as i complained about my life, how it sucked and how hectic it was. All she did was a smile. A smile with a lot of inner beauty. Till today every time I ask about her life, she always smile. I taught like, it could be very happy and also awesom. I dint feel to ask in detail , as i felt like it will be a normal usual desi family life.

This note is about somebody whom I came across in my career life. she was somebody associated with a company here in dubai and was my customer. She was in her early 30s, chubby, looks not so great. More than her physical beauty, I was attracted to her presence. Somehow she was full of positivity. She always speak so happy and spreads that positive vibes across everybody around. Even if its a damn tensed day, talking to her really relaxed the frustrations. Since we "dubai dudes" stay away from parents, such people around are a great blessing. It dint take long, as I became her friend. She would call me at times to ask advices regarding some particular products from our company. With time I became a really good friend of her.she being so positive, I never bothered to check about her life, or how she is . From her way of interactions, i was under a impression she is a real happy person with lot of blessings around.

Most times now, its to her I share my frustrations.When I become moody, or about my ex stories, Basicaly she is somebody I can call up if one or other way to tell things. she would patiently listen to me, Suggest ways on how to overcome the situation and also relaxes me by her kind gesture. I usualy check about her husband , kids and parents etc. She had 2 kids and also tells about them always. She once said hers was a love marriage, and after that I always tease her telling that. she just smile to me when i did that. Her work timings were a bit hectic. she works 10 to 16 hours on daily basis for projects. I used to like wonder, and also tell in my mind. why does she work this way. hectic .hard. continous. Restless. I always scolded her for doing so. "Your husband and kids will be missing you right" She just replied with a smile for that too telling "i love to work da".


Days passed by, and one day she suddenly dissapeared from work. I was wondering what happened to her. Tried calling and messaging her, but she was missing. After a lot of efforts i got to know that she had been through an accident and was seriously ill at the hospital . It was some friends taking care of her. At first it dint occur to me. Then it was like. Why friends. What happened to her husband, kids?. It was a confusing time for me. The emphasis was more on she getting well. So i kept this questions pending in my heart. Finaly she was alright. She came back to work and we all were back to normal life. And time came I popped this question to her . And she smiled. I was like" no not smile. I need to know this. Why they dint come "?. I realy need to know . She smiled and replied. "Da my husband and i r divorced . He left me when i had my second son . My children are with my mother. They are not here. I am working to pay of some debts made by him and to take care of my children. I saw a small tear drop in her eye . But i wil fight and win this life alone. Cannot give up.

All those taughts i had about her regarding a happy family just vanished. I was dead silent and blank for sometime. I taught  "Between us, all those we meet daily which we believe to have a happy life.Are they happy. Is life what others show us?. I dont think so". My prayers for that lady who dint give up her life. She is fighting through her battles and i am sure she will win it . 

1 comment: